We have all heard that in order to lose weight we need to cut out carbs. Eat low fat. Exercise three times a week. Eat 10-12 servings of fruits and vegetables and avoid sugar. But wait! Is there something else that could really help us to lose weight? Yes, there is.
Cut out the clutter in ten easy steps and watch the weight lift from your shoulders.
Let’s face it. If you can’t stand the site of your kitchen or can’t find what you are looking for in your kitchen how motivated are you to cook and eat healthy meals?
If your clutter is making you feel overwhelmed and stressed how likely are you to want to get in your kitchen?
Check out this video on How To Lose 40 Pounds In 4 Hours
and then read on…
Try these simple steps to cutting out the clutter and watch the pounds shed away.
- Step up a weekly appointment with yourself to do the shopping. Most households eat approximately ten different meals over the course of a month in some sort of rotation. Have your meal plan written out and use it to make your shopping list. Heck, now a days you can even shop online at midnight in your PJ’s if you really want to.
- Give your mailbox a diet. Put a red sticker on your mailbox which indicates to the post person you no longer wish to receive junk mail. You might need to have a verbal conversation with him or her depending on what part of the world you live in.
- Have one cheat day per week. That’s the day you sit down and open your mail and deal with what needs to be dealt with. Treat yourself to a nice coffee, glass of wine or beverage of your choice.
- Instead of going sugar free go paperless. Keep all important documents in a file on your computer which you back up consistently. Keep sugar to a minimal amount.
- Put your computer on a cleanse. Delete all unnecessary files, emails and folders that are no longer serving you. Take 15 minutes each day to work on this cleanse.
- Eliminate the three deadliest words “just in case”
- Kiss emotional eating goodbye as you kiss goodbye to the emotions of holding onto stuff which no longer brings you joy or serves you.
- Clear all the junk food, processed food and expired food from your pantry. Start with a clean slate. Think Mediterranean eating. After spending over two weeks in Greece I see why “they” say eating a Mediterranean diet is such an awesome way to fuel our bodies.
- Eliminate the endless supply of unused toiletries from under your bathroom sink.
- Don’t store extra pounds of another people’s clutter.
P.S. If you are wanting to get in shape you would hire a personal trainer so why not hire a professional organizer to help you get your home and life in shape? I’ll give you the personal push to get started and coach you in separating the emotions from the possessions.
Call for a free over the phone session today. 604-520-9550. Or book online at www.gettingittogether.ca