The average home has well over 350,000.00 items in it.
How many times do you hold an item in your hand and ask yourself “ should I keep it or toss it?” And because you can’t decide at that moment you simply put it back down. Down on a pile of stuff or on a cluttered counter or stash it in a “junk” drawer. The never ending cycle continues until you have reached your limit and decide to take action. Massive action.
Check out this quick video by Getting It Together on “Keep It or Toss It”
Then read on for more tips.
Keep It If….
- You would buy it again if it was lost or stolen.
- It has a proper place in your home and you use it.
- It fits in your life today. Say goodbye to those size 6 jeans.
- It’s hugely sentimental to you.
- You absolutely love it, need it and use it.
- You don’t know what it is.
- It’s not worth repairing.
- Your gut is telling you to part with it.
- It was a gift and you have never used it or love it.
- You already have more than you need or use.
One of the biggest reasons people don’t clear the clutter and downsize is because they don’t know where to take the unwanted items to. And another big reason is fear. The fear of letting go, the fear of thinking they might need it again one day and the fear of less.
Less is more.
It really is.
P.S. Are you wanting to get organized? Not sure where to start?
Contact us for a free over the phone discover session at www.gettingittogether.ca